Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Getting excited

Our house is a wreck, boxes are everywhere, stuff is all over the counters. But I'm getting excited to move. I can't wait to get setteled into this new house. I keep thinking about how I'm going to decorate but there's one problem, I've only been inside once. It's hard to fully visualize a house you have only seen once. But I do love the house, I know that.

Kendall is doing better with the idea of moving. The poor girl breaks my heart. She's been so sad about leaving this incredible neighborhood. These kids play like a swarm of bees, moving from one house to another. There are 10 kids ages 2 1/2-9 that all play together. Kendall is especially going to miss Mathilda. I call Mathilda her soul sister, Taylor calls her Miss Tilda. She's 3 years older than Kendall but they love the same things. Kendall has sobbed herself to sleep many nights since we told her about the move because she doesn't want to leave Mathilda. She tries striking a deal with me "Please Mom, just one more year" "Please just give me the summer with her". After she falls asleep I cry for her. I've been extra weepy anyway because of all of the good-byes. But I know it's going to be a good move for our family. Plus, it can't be good for her to be obsessed with someone who is 3 years older than her when she's already 6 going on 13, right?

Luckily Mathilda and her family headed out yesterday for a 2-week roadtrip. We will be moved and gone by the time they get back. I think that has helped Kendall relax a bit. She doesn't seem all-consumed with what Mathilda is doing or worried about having one last time to do whatever with her. We are coming back for Dylan's Mom's birthday in 6 weeks. I told Kendall and Mathilda that they could be together then. They seem happy about that.

Taylor is much more go-with-the-flow. The other day she said "Can we please just go to our new house by Grandma's? I want to clean my new room with a scrubber". Okay, sure.

Saturday is our moving day. I will post pictures as soon as we get everything set up at the new place.

No comments: