Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quick Couch Fix

I fell in love with a couch...online...on sale....had an online code for another 25% off.....AND figured out a way to get it here without paying shipping. I still couldn't justify it. We know we will be moving soon. We're not sure if we will be renting for another year or buying. So I just couldn't justify spending a dime of our down payment on a new couch. And I couldn't stand the thought of getting it on sale, with a discount and putting it on a credit card just to pay interest. That would kind of make the sale price null and void.


I was feeling sorry for myself and my tired couch. There were strings hanging out all over the cushions from Stella's claws and the fabric was looking a little dirty. I went to TJ Maxx to browse away the blues and found these darling paisley pillows:



I bought four. So for a mere $68, a good scrub with the shampooer and some time cutting all those annoying strings the couch went from this:



To this:



And the best part is, Stella still has her favorite sunning spot.


I started making an Ottoman slipcover with some old linen curtain panels I had. It's not working out like I had hoped. I might have to go with Plan B. And it's probably time to replace that lamp shade. Or go back to TJ Maxx and pick up the lamp that I had in my cart that I put back out of guilt. It really would have been perfect.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Looks so good! (I found you through the Gus & Lula blog.) :)

Stacie@hometownperch said...

Thanks Patty.

I love the Gus & Lula blog. Such an inspiring story.