Saturday, February 12, 2011

Designing for a Future, Unknown Home

Our house hunt has been put on hold. It doesn't mean that we won't be moving we just don't know the plan right now. It's complicated.

Until then, I will continue to collect design inspirations for whatever future home we have.



Hopefully we have a fireplace in need of some love so I can do this project by the Lettered Cottage



I love Amy Butler fabrics for color and pattern in the girls' rooms. Pinks and greens for curtains in Taylor's room, blues and purples for curtains in Kendall's room.





http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/mainmenu.php

What I know for sure is that we will need some new furniture. Our couch is too small and is showing its age. I couldn't believe it when I walked into Bi-Mart yesterday and saw this couch on sale for $244! Seriously, it's real leather, has great modern lines and contrasting stitching. I may just need to pick up two, even though I have no idea what our future living room will look like. I love the idea of matching couches facing each other in front of a fireplace. Symmetry brings me joy.


And while we are on the topic of moving and designing a yet-to-be-determined home, I am definitely back to wanting a one level, spacious rambler/ranch home. In fact, there is one that was on the market for a long time, didn't sell, they rented it out for a while but the renter lost his/her job and so the owners moved back in. Here is hoping that they want to sell it when the time is right for us and we can get a killer deal. I'm a dreamer.

2 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

leather? LEATHER? Am I the only one on this planet that hates leather???


x

Stacie@hometownperch said...

No, I don't think you're the only one who hates leather. I feel guilty for liking it. I don't even eat the meat but I'll sit on the hide. :)

I have decided that I don't like the dark brown leather. So I found a nice light tan sectional that I've been obsessing over.