Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Who said 13 is an unlucky number?


13 years ago yesterday Dylan and I were married. It felt a little weird celebrating our anniversary in the town that we were married in since we moved to Seattle shortly after our wedding.


July 6, 1996 was a beautiful, sunny day in our hometown. We were married at a golf course. My sister, his sister, my BFF, his BFF (do guys really call it that?), another friend and my brother were in the wedding. My two youngest brothers (4 & 6 at the time) were ring bearers. The 6 year old was sad when he learned that he was a ring bearer, not a ring "bear" and wouldn't be wearing a bear costume that day. Soon he was happy as a clam at the reception. He danced until he nearly passed out, ate just about all of the wedding mints, and told me how much he loved my "dress with diamonds" over and over that night. I'll never forget the feel of his sticky hands as he asked me to dance again and again.


Dylan brought me 13 roses yesterday. How sweet is that? Even sweeter is the impression it made on Kendall. She told me, very explicitly, how and why he bought 13, because we were married for 13 years. So sweet!


We have had 13 wonderful years. In a sense it feels like just yesterday. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for having Dylan as my life partner. Yes folks, even when I'm mad at him, I still know I'm the luckiest gal ever.

1 comment:

Vodka Mom said...

13 is MY lucky number! Bitchy was born on the 13th, and weighed 6 lbs 13 ounces.


I love that number!!!

Happy Anniversary