Sunday, October 21, 2007

Back to Work

I started a new job on Tuesday. I know it will be a great thing but last week was rough! The poor girls are having a hard time adjusting to being away from me all day. Kendall tried to be strong but she was really nervous because she doesn't know the teachers or other kids. She is happy at the end of the day though so I know that is a good sign.

Poor Taylor isn't doing well at all. She doesn't eat or sleep at school. Her little eyes were red and puffy and her voice hoarse from crying. She has slept a lot this weekend and won't stop eating. I think she is catching up from the week. I hope that this week goes better and she adjusts quickly. It breaks my heart to think of her in a strange place all day long crying.

The job itself is so nice. I work for a school district and work just the school year calendar. That means I have all school holidays, breaks and summers off. I also work short hours so when the girls are in grade school they won't have to go to before or after care. What a dream! I know it's hard for them now but it will be a really great schedule for all of us once they adjust.

No comments: